The Trustees of The Louise Project are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected whether you are a beneficiary of the project, a partner organisation, a funder, supporter, volunteer or employee.
The Louise Project has a legal duty to protect any personal information you provide whether as a hard copy, online, telephone, email, or correspondence. We will ensure that your information is only used for the purpose for which it was requested and we will also ensure that the data is held securely.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be identified from that data and it relates to the persons private, professional or public life.
This may include details about your name, date of birth and contact details (e.g. telephone, email, computer IP address and home address). It may also include your bank/credit/debit card details.
Collection of Data
We will collect information when you become involved in any aspect of our work, including the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Enquire about our activities
- Visit our website, premises or attend one of our events
- Donate to, or fundraise for The Louise Project
- Receive support from The Louise Project
- Work in partnership with The Louise Project
- Engage with us via social media.
- Submit a job application.
- Via independent event organisers or fundraising sites (for example PayPal; Stewardship for Transformation) if you have indicated that you wish to support us and you have given your consent for information to be shared.
- When you have given permission to other organisations to share your information.
- Via one of our partnerships
- Information publicly available.
We will keep your personal data up to date and store it securely. We will put appropriate technical measures in place to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and not collect or retain excessive amounts of personal data.
Use of Data
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with the support, advice or information you have asked for.
- Fulfil a contract.
- Understand how we can improve our support services.
- Provide you with information about our plans, which may include information about surveys, training, fundraising initiatives.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us; keep your information up-to-date and accurate and to ensure we comply with your communication preferences.
- Administer your donation, support your fundraising, process gift aid.
- Send you fundraising updates and appeals we think might be of interest to you if you have given your consent.
- Undertake analysis and statistical reporting. Where we undertake this activity, the data is usually anonymised unless and except we have advised and confirmed this with you in advance.
- Enhance reports for marketing and or funding purposes, e.g. the use of photographs.
Storage of Data
We will treat all of your personal information confidentially and we will take all reasonable measures to store your personal information securely once it has been transferred to our systems.
Information that we hold on you will be only be kept as long as is reasonable and necessary, and in-line with any legal requirements.
- We may share your information with our partners but where this is the case we will communicate this with you in advance. Generally, all information will be anonymised before sharing.
- We may be required to share information in specific cases where we are providing support or where we are required by law, for example, Employment Law.
- Where you have chosen to share your story to help further our work and you have given your explicit consent
- We will comply with regulatory authorities when we are legally required to do so.
The Louise Project will not:
- Pass your details to any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes or to any other websites
- Sell-on any information about you.
You have a right to:
- Request to see the personal information we hold about you
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected.
- Request that we suspend the processing of your personal data,
- Request that we erase your personal data
- If our processing of your personal data relies on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and the right to ask for your personal data to be transferred to another organisation (known as the right to data portability).
If you have any questions, queries or complaints, and to exercise your personal data rights, please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer at:
The Louise Project,
20 Belleisle Street,
Glasgow, G42 8HJ
by telephone at 0141 423 2148
or email Gail@spaceglasgow.org.uk
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.